Are you feeling persistently sad, excessively worried, or hopeless? Have you noticed changes in your sleeping habits? Are you coping with constant worry or nervousness? Don’t put your life on hold while you deal with mental health issues. NuLife Behavioral Health Illinois lets you balance your daily activities with outpatient mental health services.
NuLife’s outpatient counseling services, using methods based on solid science, give you flexible individual treatment plans to deal with depression, anxiety, and other mental health care issues.
Mental health issues can disrupt every aspect of your life, from relationships to career prospects. Poor mental health can even lead to poor physical health if you stop caring for yourself or engage in harmful behaviors like substance abuse.
Ignoring mental health issues can disrupt every aspect of your life, from relationships to career prospects. It could even lead to poor physical health due to neglecting self-care or engaging in harmful behaviors like substance abuse.
Anxiety disorders can make it hard to think or concentrate, while depression can make even basic tasks feel impossible. Seeking prompt, professional intervention is crucial when dealing with any form of psychological distress.
Get the Help You Need
Not all mental health care requires residential treatment or partial hospitalization. At NuLife Behavioral Health Illinois, we know that each person has their requirements, background, advantages, and difficulties that affect their mental health.
Our team works closely with clients to develop an individual treatment plan with appropriate levels of care tailored just for them. Our comprehensive assessments help us create a customized therapy program designed around your goals for recovery. These programs provide a more targeted approach that empowers you to manage symptoms and make meaningful strides toward
At NuLife Behavioral Health Illinois, we understand that everyone’s journey toward mental health recovery is unique. Our trained therapists use evidence-based strategies like psychotherapy and medication management to help you understand your condition, develop coping mechanisms, and work toward recovery.
Evidence-based Approaches in Treating Mental Illness
Among the proven therapeutic methods we use are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Extensive research has found that these techniques effectively manage certain psychological conditions. Our skilled clinicians use these strategies to help clients navigate their healing process.
One-on-One Individual Therapy
Individual therapy sessions with a qualified mental health professional help explore the psychological factors contributing to your addiction. Techniques such as mindfulness and stress management are often employed to help you gain better control over your impulses and reactions.
Group Support Sessions
In group settings, you can share experiences and coping strategies with others who are going through similar struggles. Peer support is a crucial element in long-term recovery. Topics covered often include life skills training, emotional well-being, and strategies for maintaining sobriety.
Including family members in the recovery process can offer a robust support network. The focus is often on enhancing interpersonal skills and fostering a supportive home environment.
Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders
We offer specialized treatment plans for those grappling with additional mental health issues alongside addiction. This holistic approach treats both the addiction and any accompanying mental health challenges, offering a more comprehensive recovery path.
Intensive Outpatient Options
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is an option for those who have completed more intensive treatment, such as partial hospitalization or require a more flexible schedule. The intensive outpatient program combines individual and group therapy sessions, educational groups, and relapse prevention modules. IOP lasts 2-3 hours a day, 2 to 3 days a week.
Partial Hospitalization Programs
NuLife Behavioral Health’s partial hospitalization program is an excellent option for those who have completed an inpatient rehab or detox but still need the daily support and structure of treatment. PHP requires more time than our other outpatient services—approximately 4 to 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Like intensive outpatient participants, persons in partial hospitalization will go home in the evening.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). TMS is a non-invasive, research-supported treatment approved by the FDA for use with depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and several other mental health disorders. TMS uses powerful, focused magnetic fields to stimulate groups of nerves within the brain that are underactive or inactive. TMS sessions take place on an outpatient basis and require no downtime. A person can have a TMS session and return to their daily routine immediately.
Strategies for Preventing Relapse
We integrate various techniques to prevent a return to substance use into every aspect of our treatment regimen. Methods often include relaxation techniques, coping skills for handling triggers, and strategies for maintaining a balanced lifestyle.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Cognitive behavioral therapy is instrumental in helping you recognize and change harmful thoughts and actions that fuel your addiction. Practical coping mechanisms for handling stressors and temptations are a key focus.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) excels in aiding those with co-occurring disorders by honing emotional management and social skills. It blends cognitive techniques with mindfulness practices, enabling you to navigate emotional challenges and make wiser choices.
- Experiential Therapy. Through activities like dramatization, guided visualization, and artistic expression, this therapy allows you to confront hidden feelings and past traumas. It complements other scientifically supported techniques to offer a well-rounded treatment experience.
- Motivational Interviewing. This technique bolsters your innate desire for positive change. It’s especially beneficial for those who are hesitant or unsure about treatment, helping to clarify uncertainties and set the stage for transformation.
- 12-Step Facilitation. This model encourages active participation in 12-step programs, known for their effectiveness in sustaining long-term sobriety. Although not a conventional therapy, its foundational principles mesh well with other proven therapeutic approaches, offering community support and a systematic path to recovery.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). TMS is a non-invasive, research-supported treatment approved by the FDA for use with depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and several other mental health conditions. TMS uses powerful, focused magnetic fields to stimulate groups of nerves within the brain that are underactive or inactive. TMS sessions take place on an outpatient basis and require no downtime. A person can have a TMS session and return to their daily routine immediately.
The Benefits of Outpatient Counseling
Outpatient counseling’s main advantage is flexibility. You can schedule sessions at times that work best for you. This approach promotes independence and allows clients to practice the coping strategies they learn in individual therapy in the real world. Along with individual treatment, clients can also benefit from group therapy with a supportive community. Outpatient counseling can also be more affordable than residential treatment programs.
Managing Everyday Tasks While Receiving Therapy
We understand how important it is for clients to continue their daily lives while they seek care. A common concern among those considering mental health treatment is how they’ll manage everyday tasks while undergoing therapy.
At NuLife Behavioral Health Illinois, we offer levels of care tailored to meet your needs. That includes keeping up with your daily routine.
We understand the importance of maintaining normalcy during recovery. Therefore, we strive to make our services accessible, whether you’re juggling family commitments or full-time employment. Contact us today to learn how we can tailor our outpatient programs to meet your needs.
The intensive outpatient program at NuLife Behavioral Health Illinois can empower clients to move forward with new tools and strategies.
Treating Depression Through Outpatient Counseling
Depression, characterized by persistent sadness and loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed, can be devastating. At NuLife, we use evidence-based therapies like CBT and other therapies to empower clients as they develop coping strategies that enable them to regain control over their lives.
Get Help Today
Don’t suffer in silence. At NuLife Behavioral Health Illinois, we offer comprehensive outpatient mental health services in Chicago.
What Happens Next?
Our therapies include individual sessions, group counseling, and family support programs. We also provide resources to manage stress during recovery and offer follow-up appointments to ensure the continuity of care after your treatment.
Don’t face mental health challenges alone. Our team at NuLife Behavioral Health Illinois is here to support you every step of the way.